NBA Lord's NBA Blog

NBA Lord's NBA Blog

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wednesday Windmill: Critically assessing the Minnesota Timberwolves new logo

This week, the Minnesota Timberwolves unveiled their new logo for the future. Before I dive into my playoff coverage, I figured I would quickly address the Timberwolves' new look.

Upon first glance, I wasn't a big fan of the logo. It reminded me of some spin off of the Timberwolves' SB Nation logo and I just didn't like it. But upon giving it some more thought, I actually like the logo a lot. It's sleek, it plays off of the Timberwolves' most recent alternate logo and utilizes the colors of previous Timberwolves logos. The howling wolf is really cool and I like the look of the basketball behind it with a green star, which makes a connection to Minnesota being far north, hence the name of their first NHL team, Minnesota North Stars.

For those that don't know, I spent time in Minneapolis and St. Paul doing missionary work for my church and so I got to know the Twin Cities area really well. I used to bike past the Target Center every day and grew to really love the community. I think the logo embodies a lot of what the state of Minnesota is about: Alone, strong, united, and cold; a bit off the grid with a culture that is unique and special. Timberwolves fans should fully embrace this logo and look to the future of Karl-Anthony Towns and Andrew Wiggins with a new found brightness of hope.






To connect with NBA Lord on Twitter, click here

To connect with NBA Lord on Facebook, click here

To connect with NBA Lord on Google Plus, click here




No comments:

Post a Comment